Tuesday, June 30, 2009

How to keep yourself occupied without your man for 10 days...

Christopher got to go to California for 10 days earlier this month to work on a documentary that he is making at work. He got to go to San Francisco and LA. He even made some time to go see his best friend and their brand new baby. While he was off playing in California, I was home alone, trying to come up with things to do to keep myself busy so I wouldn't miss him TOO bad. I still missed him, but I was able to keep myself busy enough that the time went by pretty quick. So, here's how to keep yourself occupied without your man for 10 days:

Day 1
The day I dropped him off at the airport in the morning, I was able to work late for a co-worker, so I didn't really have time when I got home to do anything other than eat dinner and go to bed. Day 1 was easy :)

Day 2
After work, I went down to Payson and had dinner with Amy and her fam and then went to Zac and Sariah's t-ball game to cheer them on. It was so fun to hang out with them and watch them play! They did great despite how cold and wet it was! My favorite part was their little teammate who would chase everyone down with the ball to get them out, rather than throw it. I love t-ball!

Zac and Sariah each taking their turn at bat. It was fun to watch them.

Day 3
On my lunch break I went to Pebbles in My Pocket and got lots of fun stuff to keep me busy that evening once I got home from work. I made Thank You and Birthday Cards for the card club that Amy and I are in. I had fun making them! That was definitely a good way to keep myself busy - Pebbles to the rescue! :)

Day 4
After work I raced over to the t-ball field for another t-ball game. It was much better weather for this game. It was fun watching Ally "bake" for the team. Brooke just had fun sitting in her chair with her sunglasses. After the game, I went home with them for a sleepover that night.


Day 5
We woke up, had breakfast and got ready to go over to the card exchange. After the card club was done, I went to Ream's and bought a whole bunch of cherries. They were on sale for $.89/lb. I took them home, and thanks to Amy's cherry pitter, I spent the afternoon making cherry jam for Christopher, to surprise him when he got home. Three batches, and 9 jars later, I had only gotten through half of the cherries that I bought! FYI - you don't need as much as the recipe says! It turned out pretty well, though, if I do say so myself :)

Day 6
After church in the morning I came home, had some lunch, and then took a nice nap before my meeting in the afternoon. It was a nice restful, relaxing day for me.

Days 7 & 8
I think I wore myself out with all the busyness of Saturday, that all I wanted to do was sit and vej on the coach! I watched some movies that my friend let me borrow. I told him that Chris was gone, so he brought in his movie collection and let me borrow 4 of his edited movies. So, I sat, ate, and watched movies those days... there's nothing wrong with vejing every once in awhile right?



Day 9
I figured that it was time to clean up the house so that Christopher could come home to a nice clean house. I spent most of the night cleaning up, which made the evening go by quick.

Day 10
The day finally came when he was coming home!! I spent most of the day at work, not being able to concentrate because I was so excited and ready for him to be home. I was able to leave work early to go pick him up. I went to the airport, picked him and his co-worker up, dropped the co-worker off, and then we drove straight to AT&T so that Christopher could get the new iPhone 3GS. He had been so excited about it all week, he could hardly wait to get there. He convinced me to get an iPhone too, so now I have the 3G. I didn't think it was worth the extra money for me to get the 3GS. We spent the rest of that night setting up our phones and playing with them. (PS - I've already dropped mine ON CONCRETE - yeah, not so happy about the huge scratch on my brand new phone!)





Well, there you have it... that's how I spent my 10 days without Christopher. There were some dark times, but I was able to pull through and make it! I'm so glad he's home!!



No comments:

Post a Comment